Q. How can I use the Inventory Module to find link locations?
A. The Policies module is commonly used to perform simple searches for unwanted, matching, or required text contents that have been discovered after scanning a website.
But the module can of course be used to perform more complex searches, including those that exclude matches found in particular elements like sidebars, navigation bars, or footers.
As Monsido has access to a database containing all of the links on a website for each completed scan (with the exception of excluded paths), this means the Inventory module can also be used to find specific link locations, with the added benefit of you not having to write long and complex policies. It just requires a few simple tweaks.
Here are the steps:
Log in to Monsido and navigate to Inventory
2. Locate and click Links>Content>Pages
3. Add the link to either Internal or External options and locate the exact match for the link you are looking for.
4. Once the exact match is found, click on the export button to order a CSV version of the results.
5. Lastly, convert the generated CSV to Excel or Google Sheets and apply a countif formula to the range with the link in question as the main parameter. Example: countif(‘Column Range B:B’, ‘Link to Search’)
6. You can now work on the filtered results.
For more information, see the User Guide chapter: